How to get in touch:
0300 330 0630
Switchboard provide an information, support and referral service for lesbians, gay men and bisexual and trans people – and anyone considering issues around their sexuality and/or gender identity.
There are about 160 trained telephone volunteers at Switchboard who all identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans, who are there to listen to all sorts of calls.
Here are some of the things people might contact Switchboard about:
- Information about support groups for someone who is struggling with their gender identity
- Support for a man who has been a victim of homophobic abuse, but has previously had a bad experience going to the police.
- Contact details for an LGBT-friendly therapist.
- Support for a lesbian teenager thrown out of her home by her parents, and who needs somewhere to stay.
- Information on how to get to local gay pubs for someone with mobility issues.
- Times and places for a local bisexual social group.
- Listening to some of the concerns a mother has about her child who is trans.
Phone line is open 10:00 – 22:00 daily
Emails aim to be answered within 72 hours
Online chat available from 18:00