It is the policy of Heads Above The Waves (HATW) to attach the greatest importance to the Health, Safety, and Welfare at work of all its own and its customers employees, as well as any service users. We believe that it is the Management’s responsibility to ensure this policy is adhered to, which should be deemed as equally important as the company’s commercial activities. The designated Health and Safety Officer for HATW is Si Martin – email@example.com
The promotion of health and safety at work is the responsibility of both employer and employee.
The HATW statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with all our employees on matters affecting their health, safety, and wellbeing
- To provide and maintain safe working environments, equipments, and systems of work, to ensure they are safe and without risk to health
- To provide information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure that all staff can safely carry out their duties
- To prevent accidents and cases of all work related ill health
- To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure adequate resources (time, money, and manpower) are available for this policy to be implemented
- Hazards, which may exist in connection with the activities carried out by HATW, are identified and eliminated through risk assessments. Where hazards still remain, they will be brought to the attention of the person who may be exposed.
- To ensure adequate first aid provision on all work sites
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this Health and Safety Policy as necessary at regular intervals.
It is the aim of HATW to promote the highest standards of health, safety, and welfare throughout the entire organisation in the performance of its activities.